Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

I am reading a delightful book about being rich in blessings not money and realize how rich I am.  I have 4 wonderful children, a beautiful daughter-in-law, 2 great son-in-laws, many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  I am so blessed.  My health is not great, but I have survived a very bad illness and I'm thankful for that.

Two of my grandsons are in the armed forces and I am thankful today for their service to our country and their sacrifice, also to my husband who served in the Navy.  Yesterday we met with veterans from the local community to visit and to thank them for their service. 

I am also thankful for the blessings of many friends in the area who I see regularly and enjoy visiting with and playing games. Last night we played poker and had a great time.  I am involved in the art world in my small communtiy and we just completed our 8th annual Buda Fine Arts Festival in Buda, Texas, which was quite successful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this thoughtful post. I thank your grandsons and husband for their service, too. We have much to be thankful for. Happy Veterans Day.

    ReplyDelete