Wednesday, August 8, 2012

EAT to LIVE. She kept to the plan

"She kept to the plan," was the theme in a story of one successful person's journey to health and slimness in Eat to Live.  That's how I feel when I am tempted by sweets or cheese, that I am keeping to the plan for a slimmer, healthier me.  My diet is progressing.  It is slow and not always easy; it is especially hard because I go out a lot and eat at different places.  Yesterday, I took my lunch of salad and fruit to my senior's group luncheon since they always serve something heavy in meat (yesterday was a sausage in a bun with potato chips, some fruit and many deserts.)  It worked out fine so I will continue to take what I can eat.  I don't ask anyone to eat what I'm eating and I only get a few looks and questions for my special diet, although I sometimes feel like a rabbit or a cow with all my greens, lettuce, lettuce and more lettuce.  I am still tempted greatly by sweets, there are always cakes, pies and cookies at all the functions I go to and I love sweets.  That is the hardest part for now, but hopefully I will be able to resist, limit or substitute something else for these temptations. 

I usually eat fruit for breakfast, salad and fruit for lunch, for dinner its more salad, beans, rice at times and more raw veggies.  I am making my own salad dressings.  I don't feel hungry or deprived.  I feel very satisfied and don't miss meat or heavy food.  I think my body is responding favorably.

No comments:

Post a Comment