Sunday, August 5, 2012

My New-Found Hope

I hope someone will read this blog.  This may not be for everyone, but it is for me.  We are an obese nation and I am so overweight I need something to help me.  I have been seaching for a more sensible diet and I have found it.  I am following the Eat to Live diet by Joel Fuhrman.  I started reading his book about 2 weeks ago and started the six week diet a week ago. This diet is vegan for the first 6 weeks, then you can introduce some animal products back into your diet if you wish, especially fish.  I quit eating meat about a month ago and now I am mostly vegan and have lost 4 pounds in about 6 days.  I feel very good, I don't miss meat.  I miss cheese a little but I will find substitutes.  I recommend this book to everyone who ever wanted to improved their health, their diet, or to feel better about what they are putting into their bodies.  Some people say to me, "What about your protein?"  Well, they need to study the facts, broccoli or romaine lettuce have as much protein as meat and beans are a wonderful source of protein.  Others say to me "I couldn't eat that way because I base all my meals around the meat as the main dish and the vegetables and salads are side dishes."  This book (Eat to Live) has an important saying for that "The salad is the main dish."  I also read The Complete Vegan Kitchen by Jannequin Bennett, which was very good and I'm now reading The Cure: Heal You Body, Save Your Life by Timothy Brantley.  Very interesting, it deals with the causes of disease in our country of magnificent health care, like why do we have so much cancer, diabetes, and heart problems, maybe our diet.  If you don't want to change your diet to help yourself, think about your children, our children are becoming so obese.  Watch the Olympics.  Do you think the atheletes eat junk food, white bread, candy and sweet soda water drinks all the time? We get sick, we go to the doctor and take a bunch of drugs, what more can we do?  How about going back to nature and eating natural, healthful fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts?  Try it, you may find you like it. 

1 comment:

  1. That's great Ginny! Good for you! I am interested in checking out that book too. Your new diet sounds like the opposite of Nathan's paleo diet...but I too am trying to add lots more veggies to my diet, and love getting my protein from beans and nuts.

    ReplyDelete